The Bethany Library opened on January 31, 1965 and joined the Metropolitan Library System later that year. West Oklahoma City residents, as well as residents of Bethany, are the primary users of this library, borrowing hundreds of thousands of books and other materials each year. On April 5, 2016, Bethany voters approved a bond issue to build a new Bethany Library that will be nearly three times the size of the current library.
DeVille Shopping Center
NW 23rd & Council
Bethany, OK 73008
Phone: (405) 789-8363
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Tens of thousands of fiction and nonfiction titles for all ages available as hardback or paperback books, magazines, newspapers, books on CD and music CDs, DVDs, Playaways, and more
- Reference materials for in-library use
- Materials to support literacy programs
- Adult programs
- Annual Summer Reading Program
- Craft or "how-to" programs for elementary age children
- Holiday-themed programs
- Storytimes for preschoolers
- Theatrical performances during National Children's Book Week in November and during Spring Break
- Public use computers with internet access and printing capabilities
- Mobile and offsite printing
- PrinterOn Website for Bethany Library
- Free WiFi
- Copy machine
- Meeting rooms for public use (reservations required)
- Self-serve holds shelf and a self-check machine
- Catalog computers dedicated to searching only Metro Library's collection
- Library staff who can provide assistance locating information, using print and electronic sources, and provide readers' advisory
- Place and pick up inter-library loan requests
- Tours and instruction in use of library resources (by appointment)