Big Trash Pickup
In an ongoing effort to clean up our community, the City of Bethany will begin its quarterly bulk waste cleanup on April 17th, 2017, at 6:00 AM. The Public Works Department will start on the North side of town and work south. During this the event, we will use heavy equipment on streets with limited space. For your safety and ours, we would encourage residents to seek alternative routes if you encounter our cleanup crews between the hours of 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM. Please be advised that temporary street closures may occur and delays are possible. The following rules and guidelines should be followed by each residence wishing to participate.
Items that will not be collected:
• Refrigerators/Freezers or any other items containing chemical refrigerants;
• Any Liquids;
• Asphalt Shingles;
• Propane Tanks or pressurized cans;
• Commercial trash;
• Any other hazardous materials.
Bulk Trash Guidelines:
• Each residence is limited to 12 cubic yards (equivalent to 6 washing machines in a row stacked two high) -
this has changed from the 48 cubic yard limit in previous years;
• All items must be placed within 12’ of the curb;
• Limbs and Branches should be placed parallel to the curb and should not be longer than 10’;
• Do not place items for pick up around fire hydrants, gas meters, under low lying trees or directly under overhead lines;
• Do not park cars in front of anything you want picked up;
• Do not stack trash against fence lines or next to mailboxes;
• Do not place waste curbside any earlier than Friday, April 14th.
If you miss your opportunity for curbside pick-up, please feel free to use our Citizen Collection Station located at 5300 N. Central Ave. We will be open from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM M-F from April 17th through April 21st, 2017. Please bring your water bill and a photo ID for proof of residency.